OUTLAW 10.5 ASSOCIATION 2015 RULES
Outlaw 10.5 - 1/8th mile racing, 16 car qualified field
1. 400 Pro Tree
Heads up Racing
Single Power Adders ONLY
A. Naturally Aspirated
NO SIZE LIMIT & NO MINIMUM WEIGHT
- Small Block stock bore spacing NO MIMIMUM WEIGHT
- Small Block non-stock bore spacing 2150lbs(deduct 100lbs for less than 550 CI)
- Big Block 4.84 & 4.90 bore spacing 2150lbs(deduct 100lbs for less than
- Big Block 5.00 bore spacing 2550lbs
- Big Block 5.20 & 5.30 bore spacing 2650lbs
C. Turbo Charged & Super Charged
- Single Turbo Small Block 2500lbs, Big Block 2700lbs
- Twin Turbo larger than 88mm Small Block 2650lbs, Big Block 3000lbs
- Twin Turbo 88mm & smaller small block 2550lbs, Big Block 2900lbs
- Turbo Charged Big Block less than 550CI utilizing a 5” or less bore space
block with wedge heads deduct 100lbs
- Centrifugal Superchargers Small Block 2500lbs, Big Block
2700lbs(deduct 100lbs for stock bore space less than 550CI)
- Twin Centrifugal Superchargers Small Block 2700lbs, Big Block
3000lbs(deduct 100lbs for stock bore space less than 550CI)
- Roots Supercharger Small Block 2500lbs, Big Block 2700lbs
- Screw Supercharger maximum engine size 540CI, maximum overdrive
122% “C” rotor 3000lbs, maximum overdrive 125% “D” rotor 2850lbs
- Turbo Charged or Supercharged with conventional(non-hemi) heads
- 4 & 6 cylinder alcohol & intercooler permitted with no minimum weight
- Maximum engine size on all turbo charged entries is 670CI
- Any turbo charged or supercharged combination utilizing a big block with
bore spacing larger than 5.00 & non-stock bore space small blocks add
100 lbs to above weights
3. Mufflers mandatory, inserts are not considered mufflers, turbo charged entries DO
NOT NEED MUFFLERS. Zoomies permitted but the type of zoomie must be
approved prior to use. Maximum tubing size for zoomies is 2-5/8”.
4. Back half type cars only. Front frame to be original OEM type & must be fully
intact from the firewall to 4” forward of the front spindle. Direct bolt in
aftermarket parts permitted. Factory front frame must be connected to k-member
or lower suspension component by either welding or bolting. Double round tube
frame rails from firewall forward prohibited. If utilizing 1990 or older factory a arms
deduct 50 lbs. Tubular bolt in front clips prohibited unless it meets these
requirements. . Any vehicle that is not in conformance with the firewall rules will be accessed a 100lb weight penalty.
5. All entries must have a factory production type vehicle. Must be street appearing,
have stock appearing dash & working lights. One piece front ends permitted
provided it retains stock appearance. Fiberglass/carbon fiber body parts are
limited to hood, fenders, doors, deck lid, roof skin & bumpers unless car is
composite from factory. Any changes or alterations in body lines or dimensions
MUST BE APPROVED prior to modification.
6. Alcohol permitted on non-intercooled cars
only but permitted on 4 & 6 cylinder
cars. Nitro-methane prohibited.
7. NHRA Pro ladder and safety tech.
8. Minimum Ground clearance of 3” from front of nose to 12” behind the front
9. Towing allowed
but you must stop at scales.
10. Deep staging allowed
, but starter will not wait for racer to get deep. Auto-start
will be on at ALL times. Once both vehicles are pre-staged either side stage light
will activate a 7 second auto-start. Once your competitor stages you will have 7
seconds to stage. If you fail to stage within that time the tree will automatically
activate and you will be disqualified. Disqualifications will be based on a first or
worse basis in accordance with the NHRA rule book. Controversial decisions not
covered by the NHRA rule book will be determined by the race director.
11. Head & Neck restraint MANDATORY.
12. Lower engine containment device MANDATORY.
13. Maximum front overhang
45” measured from the centerline of the front spindles.
14. NHRA chassis certification
15. Maximum drive tire
size of 33x10.5W
must be within 2” of factory dimension. Maximum front end stagger
of 2”. Wheelbase will be measured from centerline of front spindles to centerline
of rear axle. Any vehicle not in conformance with the above will be accessed a 100lb weight penalty.
17. Entire firewall
must be within 2” of stock location. Firewall location will be
measured from centerline of front spindles to any location on the firewall as
desired by race director. Engine must remain in front of firewall. Firewall can not
be modified for engine placement. Minor notching of firewall for distributor,
supercharger, turbocharger clearance or the like permitted any other modifications
or relocation of all or any portion of the firewall prohibited. Any vehicle that is not in
conformance with the firewall rules will be accessed a 100lb weight penalty.
18. Air bottles
on N/A, Supercharged and Turbo Charged vehicles are to be filled
with CO2 only. The use of nitrous oxide in place of CO2 is PROHIBITED.
19. All fuels
used are to be unmodified fuel as produced by the original manufacturer
and must be commercially available. The use of fuel additives is PROHIBITED.
All entries are subject to fuel check ay any time.
20. The use of specially produced “one off” parts
that are not commercially available
and are deemed, by race director to have a performance advantage are
21. RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITH OUT NOTICE IN
ORDER TO KEEP PARITY IN THE CLASS
22. Any combination of 2 or more infractions from #4,#16 and #17 will be penalized for a total of 150lbs
E-ma i l : firstname.lastname@example.org
OUTLAW 10.5 ASSOCIATION 2015 RULES